What Are People Talking about

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes



Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes

The title of the book I read is Johnny Tremain and it was written by Esther Forbes. This is a historical fiction book. I usually enjoy fantasy but this was a case where I really had to reconsider. I can tell from the text of this book that it is set somewhere right before the revolutionary war because it has the Boston Tea Party and even starts the war in Lexington and Concord. The main character is Jonathan Lyte Tremain but who just goes by Johnny. Johnny Tremain is just a silversmith apprentice dreaming of becoming a master someday until an accident injures his hand. He now has no work and no home but soon he finds himself entangled in a mess beyond what he thought would happen in his life. He is now helping the rebels and even assisting with the Boston Tea Party by chucking tea in the harbor. This is a very good book and I would recommend it for those of you who like historical fiction and things about the revolutionary war but I even recommend it to those who are just plain bored and have nothing to read. I hope many people take an interest in Johnny Tremain. Good luck and happy reading.

On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best) I give this book a rating of : ?

This book is available Oak View Media Center

Reviewed by
Michael D2P1

No comments: