What Are People Talking about

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Winter of Red Snow by Kristiana Gregory



The Winter of Red Snow by Kristiana Gregory

Dear Team 7I

The title of the book I have just finished reading is called “The Winter of red Snow” and the author is Kristiana Gregory. “The Winter of Red Snow” was a fantastic book! I absolutely loved it! It is a reading book for grades 6-8. This book has 170 pages. This book takes place in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania in 1777. This book is about a 12-year-old girl named Abigail Jane Stewart. It is written as here diary. In the beginning, she experiences a new baby brother that is sick. She has nine siblings and not one boy has made it through the first winter. When I was reading this book, I was thinking about what the characters in this book were going through and how I could do what they do in the book. I felt sorry for Abby and here parents and siblings because they talked about their neighbors losing a loved one. In this book they talked about facts from the Revolutionary War and how they had to cut of soldiers feet when they had blood on their feet. I hope that Kristiana Gregory will write more books like this.


On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best) I give this book a rating of: 8


This book is available from: the OVMS Library


Reviewed by Sabrina DOPS

No comments: